Choose A Team Dedicated To Your Personal Injury Needs

Photo of Daniel Titsworth and paralegal Kimberley Miller

FAQs Regarding Auto Accidents

Here are some of the most frequent questions we receive regarding personal injury claims. Contact our firm to learn more or discuss your case with us.

Should I talk with the insurance company?

It is fine to speak with an adjuster after an accident about the property damage to your vehicle or obtaining a rental car. It is best not to talk to an adjuster or give a recorded statement concerning your injuries or the cause of the accident without first consulting an attorney.

Why do I need a lawyer?

Personal injury claims are complicated to those who have never dealt with them. Our firm will ensure that you will receive the maximum benefits you are entitled to under the law. Many people have trouble obtaining these benefits simply because they are unaware of their rights.

How much does it cost to hire a lawyer?

It does not cost you anything to retain one of our lawyers. We are paid on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not get paid unless we make a financial recovery on your behalf.

How do I pay for medical treatment?

It is always in your best interest to submit bills for medical treatment to your own private health insurance. If you do not have health insurance and are Medicare or Medicaid eligible, have Medicare or Medicaid pay those bills. The automobile insurance company will only write one check to settle the claim or to pay a jury verdict, and that check does not come until after medical treatment is completed.

It is always in your financial interest to reimburse health insurance and/or Medicare or Medicaid instead of reimbursing medical providers the full amount of their bills. You may also be able to pay for medical bills through medical payments coverage, if you have it as part of your automobile insurance. Medical payments coverage reimburses reasonably necessary medical bills incurred as a result of being injured in your automobile.

What if I have to miss time from work?

If a medical provider has written you out of work and you lose wages as a result, we can claim the full amount of those lost wages from the insurance company as part of the economic damages you sustained after the car accident.

How long will my claim last?

The length of time it takes for a claim to come to a conclusion depends on how long your medical treatment lasts. Economic damages and the severity of any injury cannot be determined until after you have completed medical treatment.

Start Your Free Consultation

Titsworth Law Offices, P.A., offers free consultations. To discuss your personal injury claim with one of our attorneys, please call 919-297-2372 or email us.

We serve Cary, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and the surrounding areas of North Carolina.