Dealing with a workers’ compensation claim can be a frustrating and exhaustive process, especially if it gets denied. Workers’ comp is a benefit designed to provide financial assistance to workers who are injured on the job or while performing job-related duties. Although everyone who works for public, private, state and municipal agencies should be entitled to workers’ comp, there are times when a claim is denied. If your claim was denied, you are not receiving benefits you desperately need while recovering outside of work. The lawyers at Titsworth Law Offices, P.A., will stand up for your needs and your right to benefits.
Denial Does Not Equal Ineligibility
Having your claim denied does not necessarily mean you are ineligible for workers’ comp benefits. If your injuries meet any of the following criteria, you could still successfully appeal:
- Injuries occurred by accident or by specific incident during company activities
- Injuries are a result of your work environment
- Injuries are caused by company property (faulty equipment, slippery floors, etc.)
- Injuries are the result of work-related physical or mental stress
- Preexisting injuries are aggravated by activities performed on the job
We understand that time is of the essence when dealing with a denied workers’ compensation claim. Once you meet with us, we will begin working on your case immediately. We will file an appeal on your behalf if your claim continues to be denied.
Get A Free Consultation Today
To meet one-on-one with an attorney in a free consultation, call 919-297-2372 or contact us online. We work throughout Cary, Raleigh, the Triangle area and the surrounding regions of North Carolina.